Monday 6 July 2009

Cavendish Fever at La Tour

So the 'Manx Missile', Mark Cavendish, followed up his stage 2 win in Brignoles by taking another comfortable sprint finish in La Grand-Motte to still hang on to the Maillot Vert after stage 3.

My mate asked me a few months back what 'Manx' meant. I told him that it was someone from Manchester. He disputed this by pointing out that Cavendish is from the Isle of Man so I had to tell him more firmly that he was wrong. Within seconds we were in a schoolboy roll-up, red-faced and headlocked and I proved I was right by pinning his arms with my knees. "I can't breathe! I can't breathe!" he screamed.

Anyway, a quick Wiki search later and I rediscovered some lost knowledge that 'Manx' does indeed refer to that which hails from the Isle of Man.
Anyway, the next time I saw him, I let my mate know that I could not believe that he did not even know that!

(Below) Stage 2 finale: Monaco>>Brignoles



(Below) Stage 3 finale: Marseilles>>La Grande-Motte

No comments:

Post a Comment