Thursday 6 August 2009

Puncturised

I got a puncture on Tuesday night. Luckily, I was doing laps of a circuit around the local area, which I do so that it is not too far from home in the event of well, a puncture. Because of this, I ride light with no spare tube in my pocket or pump on the frame.

I went a round a sharp corner, which is pretty much a U-turn and found myself sliding sideways down the slope at the back wheel so I pulled-over and there it was. The good thing was, I was at the actual farthest point from my apartment, about 4km, so I hoisted the frame onto my shoulder and started off on the trudge home. After about 300m, I thought 'bollocks' and decided to call it in and wait for the support car to arrive.

Later, I checked-out types of punctures on Sheldon Brown's website and it seems that had a twin-hole 'snake bite' type, which is apparantly typical of an under-inflated tyre hitting a stone. So I learned something new yesterday.

Afterwards, I made some hotdogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment